Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Voting Eurovision

I am not a great Eurovision fan (if I was I would have written this days ago!), even if I do find it fun to watch. But the most interesting is always actually the voting - who gives who full 12 points? Here you can read some recent points (from Svenska Dagbladet).

Only very politically Turkey-sceptic Western European countries, gave Turkey 12 points. The Turks gave theirs to Armenia (who last year got 10 points). One year Turkey gave their 12 to Greece, but none at all to Cyprus. Just a few illustrative examples...

And winning the contest and after that organizing it the following year - has been done by Estonia, Ukraine and Turkey. This has always preceded their European political integration. I think we may guess Serbia may run the same track.

I believe this is the new map of Europe we are seeing formed. Viva Europa!

No comments: