Friday, November 23, 2007

Weekend events

A weekend event outside Stockholm, near my family home, is this workshop/information point on climate-smart opportunities. Thanks Jessica and friends for pointing it out to me!

Tomorrow is also Buy nothing day, on manifesting consumer power. Here is as British link on activities. I have to confess to being increasingly tired of acquiring possessions, at the same time as shopping is a large looming activity...

Today I ran into this "walkathon" Walk UAE 2007, for World Diabetes Day. Even abaya-clad women joined in the walking, otherwise rarely seen here in the Gulf - when hundreds of people walked by, (almost) all in identical t-shirts and caps, my eyes nearly popped!

Saturday update - an event from earlier this week that I want to give attention to was the Swedish Human Rights Days - at a Stockholm exhibition/fair venue. Several friends and colleagues were there, I know!

No comments: