Saturday, March 29, 2008

Climate compensation

After flying quite a lot recently, I have been considering how to calculate the climate effect of this, in order to compensate with money afterwards. Unfortunately, neither of the airlines I have been using (Air Baltic and British Airways) seem to offer such a service on their website. Does anyone know a trustworthy calculating tool?

I have shown you this before, where you can buy emission rights from Swedish Naturskyddsföreningen (Swedish Society for Nature Protection?). I think some airlines have their own compensation payment tools, too.

5 minutes later: a friend suggested this calculating function, where I think you can also pay directly (again in Swedish).

Sunday evening update (thank you!): Another calculation and payment site (used by SAS) was mentioned to me. And British Airways does have a scheme.

No comments: