Sunday, July 30, 2006

Anatolian pottery

Two weeks ago today, I went with a friend to the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. She is very interested in crafts and arts and for the moment is focussed on pottery, so we went to look at the historical pottery collections. I couldn't take photos inside the museum of course, so I can't show you some of their beautiful Neolithic and Bronze Age collections (several of of the pots I could easily use daily in my kitchen!, their shape and decoration are so attractive), but I can show you the collection in the garden.



2 comments:

Vilhelm Konnander said...

What can possibly be stored in those gigantic pots? Let's see... Who should I ask?

An-Lu said...

We used to have such kind of pottery in our garden, not so old and yet beautiful!

@vilhelm
Ask me!
Oil, seeds, even water!
Most of these potteries were stored underground for better perservation of their contents!