Monday, February 16, 2009

Blogging the Gulf

I haven't yet encountered a strong local blogging community here in the Gulf, but maybe I am looking in the wrong places? Here are at least some I have encountered (some of which have closed done or are blogging only intermittently) - but please suggest any other you may know!

Many of these from the Emirates, are expat-driven or oriented against expat communities (but if anyone knows of blogs by or for specifically non-Western residents that would be much appreciated):
UAE community, Emirates Economist, , Grapeshisha, An Emirati's Thoughts (as far as I know the only Emirati blog), Dubai Daily Photos (pretty inactive, as far as I can tell), Fake Plastic Souks (on media and expat life in the UAE).

From Bahrain, we have 2 bright women: Silly Bahraini Girl and Bint Battuta.

I'll also share a recent Global Voices collection on internet access in Bahrain and Qatar (which is not even represented above - enlighten me!).

No comments: