Saturday, March 03, 2007

Recommendations

This is a collection of recommendations that don't really fit a theme for a full posting, but that I still want to point you at because I myself appreciate knowing about them. Some of them also include onward links for further reading or similar features.

In media/reading:
as usual, the weekly Konflikt on the Iraqi resistance movement (in Swedish, with links to articles on the topic).
a Carl Bildt-interview in Zaman yesterday (conservative Turkish newspaper)
recent ICG-reports on the Middle East (scroll down to find links to most recent ones)
webportal Gapminder on globalization and development statistics

Films:
I usually stay away from films made from books I have really liked - I have frequently been disappointed after initial high expectations. But in recent years I have noticed 2 important exceptions to that rule that I will happily share with you and can warmly recommend - the Narnia-film and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Shopping:
My favourite jewellery designer, Egyptian Azza Fahmy now has a longed-for web presence (no web outlet - yet? - but you can feast your eyes on her typical designs in several collections).
Yet to come is a joint web outlet for handicrafts made by women's cooperatives in poor and underdeveloped South-East Turkey.
I have shown this previously, the Stockholm home-delivery service of ecological fruit&veg. Several of my friends and acquaintances are happy with it so far.

No comments: