Friday, August 03, 2007

Back to posting

I've been away from the internet for over a week know and my computer needs intensive care - so I'm not sure when I can show you photos of what I've been up to! :-( I still have photos from Lithuania in June to show and since I've been briefly to Istanbul, and perhaps more notably on a week's vacation to a country that doesn't really exist - we spent time outside Kyrenia/Girne in Turkish north Cyprus... a very beautiful but vaguely unreal place. And the fact that we are cut off from some lovely examples (mainly architectural) of European cultural heritage present there is very saddening.

I'll keep up the web presence by posting links and books though - I promise. And I will post photos again as soon as I can...

For now, I'll give you a brief reflection of the meaning and importance of Turkish names, from Svenska Dagbladet...

No comments: