Saturday, July 25, 2009

Iran and Internet - the story goes on...

Another full post on Iran, inlcuding recent developments and specifically media-related issues (internet activity etc). I thank all of you who knowingly or more offhandedly tip me off about reading!

I include here some quite techie Internet stuff (and here and here and here), some of which I may have shared before... and which I don't fully comprehend myself, comments are very welcome!

Note also the discussion on NedaNet, created just the other day.

To the less technical analyses, I have noted the following:

On fighting the net, on twitter use and abuse, on digital activism, on monitoring, on intelligence activity online, and finally on conspiracy theory rampant! On outside support online, too.

More news-related:
army officers were arrested, has siding in the crisis diminished the leader's position?, are we seeing the beginning of the end?

Masoumeh Ebtekar, of fame both from her position in the hostage-drama and in Khatami's administration, blogs. In English, with a fitting name, too!

Durham University published a policy brief on the new Iran.

No comments: